Confessions of a skull-obsessed knitter

Friday, May 05, 2006

SP8 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love Noro, in all of it's forms, but I'm not especially fussy. Not a great fan of rough cottons, as they hurt my delicate hands *grins* and I'd never knit a garment in fun fur or eyelash yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a large terracotta pot ofr long needles, a piece of bamboo for smaller needles and crochet hooks. The sets are in their cases.


3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider
your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I first picked up wool and needles when I was 8 or 9. I've been knitting seriously for 2-3 years now. I guess I'm intermediate, but ambitious!


4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wishlist in my real name.


5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I adore citrus scents.


6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Yes, but I only eat dark chocloate, the higher the cocoa content, the better.


7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I recently taught myself to crochet, which is turning out to be a lot of fun. I bought a drop-spindle kit too, but haven't made much progress with it.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
How long have you got? Seriously, I have extremely eclectic tastes, and love to find out about new (to me) artists.

9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Hmmm, I wear a lot of black, hot pink, brown and greens. I don't really "do" orange or blue (apart from jeans), but could be convinced.


10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I'm married, no kids, no pets.


11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes and yes!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Depends on whether I'm looking for instant gratification, or if I want to challenge myself.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Kyoto jumper from Knitty in cotton mohair, Fletcher coat in Noro Kureyon, pink and green skull jumper.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Who doesn't?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I use my Denise circulars to death! Metal needles are my least favourite, because I have a weird aversion to touching metal.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both

17. How did you learn to knit?
My mother taught me


18. How old is your oldest UFO?
The Noro jacket was started over a year ago.

19. What is your favorite holiday?
Good food, good weather, lots of little places to explore.


20. Is there anything that you collect?
People keep buying me salt and pepper sets! Vintage needles, 80s pattern books


21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I have subscriptions to Rowan, Simply Knitting and Interweave Knits. I'm craving glitery plastic crochet hooks to go with the needles a friend brought me from the US.


22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I'm thinking of giving entrelac a try, but it seems scary!


23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Nope, I wear a very wide UK6


24. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
November 19th

1 Comments:

At 8:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home