Confessions of a skull-obsessed knitter

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

noro shrug


noro shrug
Originally uploaded by celestine_e2
Every now and then, I need some (almost) instant gratification. Yes, those ambitious lace items and new techniques are all well and good, but from time to time, all I want to do is cast on 45 stitches on a circ and set off.

So I did. It couldn't be easier, knit until it reaches your underarm, start working back and forth for the width of your back, then join into a tube again for the other arm. Once that's done, pick up around the opening and rattle through 4 rows of k2p2 rib.

This was made with the Noro Gerbera I picked up in Tokyo - I love the muted shades being so abruptly broken up with the acid pink.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 pm, Blogger Gail Haslam said...

Is beautiful!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home