Confessions of a skull-obsessed knitter

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Stash time

There's only so many times you can pull every single ball of wool out to find the one you need, so drastic action was called for.



This is the "who knows" basket of stuff that I bought on impulse, with no clear idea what I'd do with it.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It's also where leftovers and scary things are hidden!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This box is the stuff I need for ongoing projects. 4 of those at present: my Noro jacket, Ian's black jumper, Grace's scary orange skull jumper, and the green glitter scarf. Oh, and some socks for me too
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is the stuff i'm not allowed to touch until the UFO list is cleared *sigh*. All of this yarn is destined for great things (and yes, I am going to knit myself a hooded jumper in lime green Snowflake)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Doesn't look like a lot stored this way :)

5 Comments:

At 8:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, drool! You've have some lovely yarn, mistress.

I'm particularly taken by the lavender cotton tape-looking skeins at the bottom. What are you going to make with them? Where did you get them?

When I tried to knit a jumper in Snowflake it almost killed me with its muppety-cute-super-soft-yet-tangly malevolence.

 
At 9:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow im so jealous of the size of your stash! I wish i was as spoilt for choice.
Ive just recently bought some Noro because i absolutely love the colours. I'd love to see how your Noro jacket is coming along!

 
At 11:35 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Does this mean you're going to make me a knitted holder for my i-pod? Complete with circle so I can still improve my thumb skills?

 
At 12:16 am, Blogger blueadt said...

Hi Purlpirate

Just in case you want to move all the 'about me' & links up to the top of your blog I thought I'd share my experience of blogger.com

My blog also kept this info at the bottom because my photos were too wide. Now I've resized them to max 350 wide the info can float as it's meant to.

I LOVE your Noro - what colour is it?

Cheers

blueadt
http://blueadt.blogspot.com/

 
At 2:36 pm, Blogger acechick said...

DUDE! you so need to see this:

http://coffee-drinker.typepad.com/coffee/2005/04/post.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home