Confessions of a skull-obsessed knitter

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

It's been, emotional


daymer bay
Originally uploaded by celestine_e2
So, 2008, your time is up.

You've given us some of the most devastating heartache, and the greatest joy.

So much loss, it's hard to comprehend, but also hope for the future. I won't ever forget the sadness of this year, but I owe to those who I have lost (and those still fighting to stay with us) to live life fully and appreciate all that I have.

This year, I taught knitting for money, participated in a high-profile exhibition, met some amazing new crafters, and revelled in the crafting community in it's many guises.

I took a long hard look at my stash, and cleared a lot of it out - letting go of past mistakes is never easy, but just because something was cheap doesn't always make it a bargain!

I made peace with the fact that I don't enjoy working with KSH (um, and forgot this in the JL sale last week, but I'm sure someone will take it off my hands) no matter how pretty and squooshy it is.

I finished the epic crochet project, which nobody thought I would do.

I had a blast.

2009 looks as if it will be equally exciting, how could it fail to be with my son due in the next couple of weeks?

Happy crafting, you inspiring (and often crazy) people xxx

3 Comments:

At 4:09 pm, Blogger Woolly Stuff said...

Happy New Year, and hope to see you soon! jxx

 
At 5:40 pm, Blogger stash haus said...

Happy New Year - how exciting the beginning of 2009 will be!

 
At 2:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To 2009!

Hope your squatter evicts himself soon :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home