Confessions of a skull-obsessed knitter

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Sorted!

I bought some cardboard storage cartons at the weekend, as I'm tired of not being able to find the yarn I'm looking for.

There'd be no sense in throwing everything in pell-mell though, so today was yarn inventory day. Oh my, there's quite a lot of yarn in my house.

Being a bit of a nerd, it's all* recorded on a shiny spreadsheet, which I'm hugely proud of (did I mention just how much I hate spreadsheets?), and the boxes are marked with numbers for easy cross-referencing purposes.

As I was on a roll, I decided to count how much my stash weighs. This was probably a mistake, as it sounds REALLY horrific when you talk about how many people you'd need to get in a room to represent your stash. Oh well, I'll use it eventually.

*When I say all, I'm not counting random single balls, partial balls or my Colinette throw kit, but it's not cheating!

2 Comments:

At 9:49 pm, Blogger Flibbertygibbet said...

I was thinking my stash wasn't so bad, and then I see another JL bag here, and another one there... I am scared too.

 
At 1:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Claire. The boxes are marked with numbers for easy cross-referencing purposes? Oh gosh, you really make me laugh. Thanks for the amusement. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home