Confessions of a skull-obsessed knitter

Saturday, August 25, 2007

corrugated socks


corrugated socks
Originally uploaded by celestine_e2
These are probably the quickest socks I've ever made.

The pattern is from the Vogue sock book, and it's not that clear from the picture that the purled sections bulge out.

I think I'll make myself a pair in a solid colour, as I don't like the way the changes in the stripes get messed up.

This pair is a gift for M, my oldest niece. Her feet have grown again, but they're now the same size as mine so I have no excuse for messing up the fit. Word is that her 10 year-old self is also as tall as me, although she has been given strict instructions to stop growing.

2 Comments:

At 10:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're so cute!!

 
At 8:48 pm, Blogger Probably Jane said...

FIne socks! Thank you so much for agreeing to test knit my sock pattern - if you can let me know your e-mail address the first cut pattern is ready for me to send to you!

janeatlithgow1438dotfreeservedotcodotuk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home