Confessions of a skull-obsessed knitter

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Smooth. Not


knitwitches silk
Originally uploaded by celestine_e2
Happy chocolate egg and bunny day to those of you who care about such things.

I'm starting to realise just how much my knitting is influenced by what's going on elsewhere in my life.
At the moment, there is a lot of uncertainty, coupled with some sadness, and my projects are designed to provide mostly mindless knitting, coupled with cosy results.

With this in mind, I decided that it was finally time to start the black silk Clap using the Knitwitches silk I picked up in November.
Out came the swift and ball-winder, and I got to work.

Heh, there's a lot of yardage to silk. Okay, it didn't take too long, but that's when the fun started. The silk is wound so tightly that there's no way to get it off the winder.

So, I need to knit faster, and hope that there's nothing I need to wind for a while.

1 Comments:

At 10:52 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. A picture really is worth a thousand words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home