Confessions of a skull-obsessed knitter

Monday, December 17, 2007

alpaca mittens


alpaca mittens
Originally uploaded by celestine_e2
It's too cold for my delicate fingers at the moment, so I decided that I'd make the Subway Mittens from Interweave.

Did I have any suitable chunky yarn in my stash? Of course not.

The solution was to use 4 strands of lovely Drops Alpaca that Catrin bought me ages ago, and i'd been hoarding until the right project spoke to me.

The eagle-eyed among you may notice that my mitts don't have a pocket. This is because I have small hands, and an Oystercard is a lot bigger tha you think.

The only drawback? I have to take them off after 10 minutes because my hands get incredibly warm.

1 Comments:

At 5:15 am, Blogger stash haus said...

Too bad they're so warm - they look wonderful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home