Confessions of a skull-obsessed knitter

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

bracket fungus socks


bracket fungus socks
Originally uploaded by celestine_e2
These beauties are a gift for my sister, who has only ever received a scarf from me before now.

The pattern is a prototype from the lovely Jane Lithgow, which I volunteered to test. It wasn't an especially selfless act, I loved the pattern as soon as I saw it, and couldn't wait to give it a whirl!

The first one took me a week, the second took a day and a half. Second sock syndrome does not live in my house.

I'm off to visit the family tomorrow, and I'm hoping the receipient will be as pleased with them as I am. No worries if she isn't though, it'll save me making a second pair for myself.

3 Comments:

At 7:54 pm, Blogger Probably Jane said...

Glad you like them - your versions look grand, and thank you very much for testing them. Your advice was spot on!

PS I have a pair on the needles at the moment which remind me of a conversation we had about shoes with goldfish in the heel...

 
At 1:26 pm, Blogger natalie said...

Lovely, and so different from Jane's, even though there is the same olive tone in there somewhere.
You wouldn't like to come to my house and finish a sock for me would you?

 
At 2:30 pm, Blogger franney said...

They are gorgeous! I love seeing how the same pattern looks in different colours :o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home