Confessions of a skull-obsessed knitter

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

neckwarmer


neckwarmer
Originally uploaded by celestine_e2
When we were in Stockholm, the husband's scarf kept slipping around, leaving exposed bits of neck.

Idly pondering this in a yarn shop, I picked up a couple of skeins of Eskimo and wondered aloud whether a buttoned neckwarmer would work.

His reaction was quite enthusiastic, but we couldn't find a pattern that we liked.

In the end, I just cast on a ribbed piece, to be fastened with buttons on one side.

then he pointed out that the V of his overcoat could do with filling, so I picked up along the bottom, and made a scarf panel.

Apparently, it's very toasty.

I'd forgotten how much I love working on 8mm needles, this only took me a couple of evenings.

1 Comments:

At 6:57 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Rah! That looks fab! Beats the thing I made for AJ. Quick, easy knits are the future; I've started doing next year's Christmas jumper on 6mm and the nasty 60s design calls it doubleknit - it's going to take forever! I might make some changes with the design so will probably need you to help on that. I've nearly finished Paul's scarf; it's annoying how often the yarn snags on the needles. I think I need to improve my speed a bit - is there a secret to doing this without hurting yourself?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home